AATCC Presents Medical, Nonwovens, And Technical Textiles Symposium
September 4, 2008
Research Triangle Park, NC - The American Association of Textile Chemists & Colorists (AATCC) will present "Medical, Nonwovens, & Technical Textiles" October 6-7, 2008, at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in Durham, N.C., USA. This in a two-day program is being developed by AATCC's Material Interest Group and chaired by Dr. Philip J. Brown, Clemson University. Participants will have an opportunity to tour the Nonwovens Cooperative Research Center (NCRC) at the conclusion of the program on the 7th.
Confirmed speakers include:
* Next Generation Carbon Fibers Based on Polyacrylonitrile/Carbon Nanotube Composites—Satish Kumar, Georgia Institute of Technology.
* Making Composites Using the Three-Dimensional Engineered Preform (3-DEP) Process—Mark Janney, Materials Innovation Technologies.
* Development of Autonomous Tissue Expanders for Surgical Reconstruction—David Bucknall, Georgia Institute of Technology.
* Molecularly Imprinted Fibers with Recognition Capability—Igor Luzinov, Clemson University.
* Modeling the Performance of a C-CP Fiber-based Hepa Filter—Chris L. Cox, Clemson University.
* Novel Technologies for Particulate Filtration—John Larzelere, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division.
* Protein Separations using C-CP Fibers—Ken Marcus, Clemson University.
* Water, Chemical, and Energy Recovery by the Applications of Nanotechnology—John J. Porter, Clemson University.
* A Study on the Effects of Compression on Morphology of Nonwoven Materials—Sudhakar Jaganathan, Nonwovens Cooperative Research Center.
* Geometrical Modeling of Nonwovens Under Compression—Benoit Maze, Nonwovens Cooperative Research Center.
* Micro and Nano Fiber Nonwovens using Spunbonding and Hydroentangling—Nagendra Anantharamaiah, The Nonwovens Institute.
* Three-Dimensional Analysis of Nonwovens—Eunkyoung Shim, Nonwovens Cooperative Research Center.
* Rational Design of a Hemostatic Textile Matrix—Thomas H. Fischer, Entegrion, Inc.
* Electrospun New Biodegradable Drug-Eluting Nanofiber Membranes for Burn Treatment—C. C. Chu, Cornell University.
* Chitosan/Poly(aspartic acid) Layered Films with Improved Hemostatic Properties—Sam Hudson, North Carolina State University.
* Medical Textiles: Versatile In Use but Vulnerable to Microbial Problems—W. Curtis White, Aegis Environmental Management Inc.
* Textiles for Next Generation Chemical Biological Protection—Eugene Wilusz, Natick Soldier RD&E Center.
* Flame and Thermal Protective Materials for Combat Clothing and Individual Equipment—Francisco Martinez, Natick Soldier RD&E Center.
* Challenges in Fielding Combat Uniforms—Christine W. Cole, Clemson University.
* Body Armor Composites with Enhanced Comfort and Protection—Arvind Purushothaman, Bellator Group.
* Understanding the Ballistic Impact Resistance of Polypropylene Fabrics—Tom Godfrey, Natick Soldier RD&E Center.